Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew, has been arrested and taken into custody on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
According to the BBC, unmarked police vehicles arrived early Thursday at Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, where he has been living. Reports indicate that Thames Valley Police carried out the arrest and conducted searches in Norfolk and Berkshire. Authorities have not confirmed the exact location of the arrest.
In an official statement, Thames Valley Police said officers arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk as part of an investigation into alleged misconduct in public office. The force did not publicly identify him, citing national guidance. Police confirmed that the man remains in custody and warned media outlets to avoid publishing material that could breach contempt of court rules, as the case is now active.
Loss of Royal Status
In October last year, Andrew announced that he would stop using his royal title and associated honours. He said he made the decision after discussions with Charles III and other senior members of the royal family. He acknowledged that ongoing controversy had become a distraction from the monarchy’s work.
Andrew had already stepped back from public duties in 2020 following sexual abuse allegations connected to his association with Jeffrey Epstein. He repeatedly denied the accusations. However, the controversy significantly damaged his public reputation and reduced his involvement in royal activities.
Ongoing Legal Developments
The current arrest marks a new legal chapter for the former royal. Investigators have not yet disclosed detailed information about the alleged misconduct.
As the inquiry continues, authorities have urged caution in reporting to protect the integrity of the legal process. Further updates are expected once formal charges, if any, are announced.




















